Freitag, Juni 08, 2007

Kmart


Last Saturday my Sunday School class went on a shopping spree to Kmart. The class is called "Light and Power" and is a class for adults with developmental disabilities. We have some wonderful characters in the class like Mark, who goes to state bowling tournaments and sings the Unchained Melody at music recitals; Jerry, who's favorite thing to say is "You meow meow!" and who's favorite thing to do is try and spank you; Monique, a woman who paints beautiful pictures and sends homemade cards to veterans; and Luis, perhaps the worlds biggest fan of the Three Stooges.

Each disabled class member was given $50 to spend on whatever they wanted to at target. I was paired up with Jeffrey. He loves anything yellow but is not given color choices at the group home. Together we picked out a bright yellow baseball cap, three yellow balls and a Sponge Bob Squarepants wall clock (among other things).

As we strolled through Kmart, Jeffrey introduced me to everyone we walked past. What a gentleman!

2 Comments:

Blogger jb1203 said...

Jamie-
You are such a great lady. I wish I could spend a day with you again. This post reminds me just what a GREAT person you are! I can't wait to see you soon!!

6:32 AM  
Blogger David Best said...

very cool!

6:46 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home