Dienstag, Januar 16, 2007

Another car story...

I have had a good deal of time on my hands since I have been sick and off of work the past two days. Today I was feeling well enough to drive Janelle downtown and make a quick stop at the post office. When I got back into "Rolly" (our new stick-shift car) he wouldn't start. Of course he had been fine on the way there, but now he wasn't turning over. There are times when I feel that there is some car-god who likes to reach down and make my life miserable every couple of months or so....
Of course I had forgotten my cell phone, wasn't properly dressed and still feeling ill. I went to the library to find that the payphone was out of order there. When I asked the woman at the circulation desk if there were any other phones where I could make a toll-free call to AAA since my car was dead (there was one on her desk) she told me to go to the police station down the street. There I called AAA and went to wait for them in my car. Just for fun I tried to start it again, and this time, it begrudgingly started and I was able to get home.
I checked the car again a few hours later and it started up beautifully. I half wonder if I was hallucinating the entire event.