Samstag, November 11, 2006

Car Woes and evil mechanics

The fact that the rear driver's side of my car was bashed in (before I bought it I must add) has sometimes meant that people think that I am a terrible driver/ditz. Case in point...last weekend my car was making horrible noises and when I took it into a repair shop the man was blatently laughing at me. He even said, "this happens when you have had one too many Corona's to drink." The nerve. He looked at the car and proceeded to say the repairs would cost $857.00 plus tax. I hate being at the 'mercy' of car mechanics...especially ones who think you are stupid and have money to throw away.

Well, I may have an ugly car, but I know better than spending that much money on a car I paid $1000 for two years ago....It has now been fixed for a mere $175. Imagine that.

So, my car is still ugly and bashed in, but it is running and cost less than $200 to fix. And now I know what brake pads sound like when the pad is completely worn down and rubs against the rotor...